Friday 4 December 2009

Christmas and all that jazz

Well - it's not long to go is it?! Only 3 weeks today. That's come around fast. Having the time to do it properly this year, what with not working still, is making it quite an enjoyable process. We're having christmas here in the cottage - I shall be cooking for 8 which I'm really looking forward to. We're going rustic, home made, and local with everything. So it may not be the prettiest meal, with the mis-matched plates and so on, but my goodness it should taste good! I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also about to venture into the world of home-made decorations. We've got such an abundance here of natural things that are stunning that it seems wrong to use plastic shiny stuff. Well ok there will probably be some tinsel around cos I've already got some - but I'm making my own wreath and going to try some other stuff as well. Loads of evergreens, holly, ivy and so on round here. If I succeed I'll put some pics up.

Suddenly with only 3 weeks to go there seems an awful lot to do though - I've still got to make my curtains for the living room, and Anthony's going to try and get the new dining table made. I'm sure we'll get there though. It doesn't really matter if we don't - it would just be nice if we could. :-)

1 comment:

alex n rik said...

Hiya honey. I've been meaning to phone you over the past three weeks to catch up etc but it just doesn't seem to have happened. So I'll just say thanks for the pressies which arrived on Monday (just before we left for Matlock so good timing). Can't wait to see what they are... are we expecting something from your own fair hand?

And who is this 8 that you're doing Crimbo for?? Sounds like it's going to be fab. We have 9 ... or possibly 10 here (it seems to keep changing) and Rik seems to be doing it all (I'm in charge of table settings!).

Incidentally - probly a bit late now - but if you're looking for "au naturelle" decoration ideas have you checked out the BBC Victorian Christmas website? I was particularly intrigued by their suggestion of ivy paper chains! And you gotta have a bit of lovely shiny tinsel ;-)

Did you get any snow that far west? Derbyshire's got quite a bit; even Frome got some eventually but not sure how much further it got.

Hope you have have a fabbo wonderful time and think of us surrounded by small over-excited children!
lol a xxx