Wednesday 20 January 2010

You're not going to believe this...

I don't think I do either. But after FOUR MONTHS of waiting (actually it's a week or two longer than that, but what the heck) - we have a fully connected functioning landline!!!!! Yaaaaayyyyyy! (said in a Kermit style)

In fact it's been so long I can't actually find where I've hidden the phone cable! (minor detail - really not bothered by this.)

No more sitting in the garden when it's freezing just to make a call, or huddling on the freezing granite windowsill at the front of the house in the hope the signal will get through. No more me thinking my phone has signal but if the wind speed changes it doesn't so no-one can get hold of me. What a novelty this will be!!

Now I wonder how long it'll be before the broadband's connected..... ;-)

1 comment:

alex n rik said...

Are you having a "pole completion party?" ;-)

You'll have to treat it nice you know. It only exists because of you!